My friend came up with it and I think it's a smashing good idea!
In her own words:
November 13 is a Sunday this year--the US elections will be over, the 11th is Veterans Day, and Thanksgiving (Again in the US) won't be for another couple weeks. So in an unofficial proclamation I declare Sunday November 13th, 2016 as Heroine Appreciation Day!!
What does this mean for you? How can you help celebrate it?
1) Get the word out! Copy, paste share a status update. I can reach only so many--but if all of you, and all your followers and their followers start spreading it, we can overwhelm dA with the event. I cannot stress how important this is. Share this early and often.
2) Prepare some art. I don't care if its a story, drawing, photo, 3D, fractal or papier-mache. Show us some way you appreciate either your own heroine, other heroine or heroines! Additionally, they do not have to be NICE pictures. If your villain appreciates the ease in which a heroine falls into a trap, show us that.
3) Have FUN! This isn't an event meant to exclude, but to include people!
4) On November 13th post your images with the hashtag #heroineappreciationday2016
5) Get permission to use other people's OC's
6) ALL heroines are included--its not just Supers people! Doctors, Nurses, PI's, Cops, botanists, spunky snoopy women in haunted castles, they're ALL included.